Sunday, June 1, 2008

My Life G4 and After....

May 4 through May 10 I competed in the G4 Challenge Nevada Passage. I cannot say enough positive things about this experience. I got to drive a pimped out Land Rover LR3 around to some pretty remote cool places in the Nevada Outback with some really cool people. Land Rover and Team Unlimited treated us like royalty and it took some adjusting to get back to my real life.
I was teamed up with Dean Kruuse from San Diego by way of South Africa who was a great teammate/athlete and knew a few things about off-road driving and orienteering as he runs a independent Land Rover shop. With his navigation skills we won the time-speed-distance rally and the running challenge. I can also thank Inov-8 shoes for not slipping in the muddy run!
To read my Sierra Sun article go to:
http://www.sierrasun.com/article/20080515/SPORTS01/175238039/-1/SPORTS
Still need to finish my day-to-day report.

No comments: